[c-nsp] SUP2T.. TCAM related errors..

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Jun 1 03:54:28 EDT 2016

On 31/05/16 17:51, Peter Kranz wrote:
> I cannot for the life of me figure out why this box seems to think it has
> TCAM issues..  It's a SUP-2T XL platform.. Usage levels look well under TCAM
> limits.

I *think* sup2T is the same as sup720, in that a TCAM exception is a
permanent error condition once it's occurred; so the triggering incident
could be some way in the past now; have a look at the logs for the date
(and start graphing these numbers - they're available over SNMP)

One place we've seen this happen without it being routing-related is a
sudden explosion of IPv6 neighbours (IPv4 adjacencies would do it too)
as they're /128 or /32 entries in TCAM.

Do you have large layer2 attached to the box that could conceivably have
done this?