[c-nsp] ASR1000 licencing

Curtis Piehler cpiehler2 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 20:37:31 EDT 2016

I have been researching the licencing models and I see Cisco's notes that
it is no longer enforced (honor based).  For an ASR1006 if I do not obtain
the licence what happens?  Does it just throw nuisance alarms in the logs
like an ASR9000 if you do not obtain the licence for the NPU?

Ideally  looking for MPLS, LDP, BGP, BFD, OSPF, QOS on an RP2.  If the
licence is required that would mean in a 1:1 RP environment I would need a
licence for each RP2?

Basically for it to function as a small PE router (no NAT, CUBE, IPSEC,
Firewall).

Curtis