[c-nsp] ASA VPN/AnyConnect Licensing

Josh Baird joshbaird at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 15:56:36 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I'm considering using the ASA5506W-A-K9 for a few small office locations,
but I'm a bit confused on the licensing model for AnyConnect.  These
devices will need to handle client VPN (AnyConnect) termination for 1-5
users max.

Do these devices include licensing for a minimal number of AnyConnect
cilents (<25)?  The AnyConnect ordering guide [1] shows SKU's for
AnyConnect Plus/Apex/VPN-Only licenses, but the smallest license looks like
it is for 25-50 users.  This is overkill for my particular application
because I only need AnyConnect Plus (or VPN-Only) for 1-5 users.

[1] http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/security/anyconnect-og.pdf

Thanks,

Josh