[c-nsp] 7600 67xx DOM support

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Sun Jun 26 12:26:35 EDT 2016

On 22/06/2016 20:37, Nick Hilliard wrote:
> Jason Lixfeld wrote:
>> Is the lack of DOM on 67xx series 7600 cards still a thing?
>
> there was a brief period around SXF4 to SXF11 or so where it worked on
> hw 3.0 cards.  Other than that, it was disabled in software.

This was only the 6748 IIRC. We've never had a problem on other
linecards e.g. 6704, 6716. Not sure about 6724?

I'm assuming it was a hardware bug they inadvertently fixed in later
card revs, then realised they'd opened themselves up to a raft of TAC
cases for RMAs demanding hw 3.0 cards and shut it off. Great example of
perverse incentives :o(