[c-nsp] XRIOS commit tp TFTP

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 04:19:52 EDT 2016

On 27 June 2016 at 12:17, Nemeth Laszlo <csirek at cooler.hu> wrote:
> Hi
>
> We have some ASR9K1 with 4.3.1 OS. We would like to send TFTP every commit
> content if somebody make a "commit".
>
> I would like to put the Commit ID to the saved filename for the better
> search.
>
> I played with an alias c "commit ; show configuration commit changes last 1
> | file tftp:" but in this case no option to put the commit ID to the
> filename in the TFTP file.

I few off-the-top-of-my-head ideas that may or may not work;

1. You could try and pipe the output from "show configuration commit
list" to get the commit ID from the last change, using the unix
utilities and awk/pgre/xargs the commit ID into the TFTP url

2. You coul try and run a perl script;
https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12420571/asr9000-perl-scripting-shell-environment

3. Pull fromthe box rather than push

4. Upgrade from IOS-XR 4.3.1 before the Sun explodes!

5.In XR 6.1 Linux containers are coming and the support for 3rd party
Linux tools (bash, python etc) so you can run more than "just simple
Perl scripts" (I don't think many Perl modules are present in IOS-XR
4.3.!).

Cheers,
James.