[c-nsp] DWDM Passive or Active Multiplexing

Josh Karki joshuskarki at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 18:45:18 EST 2016

Hmm...I haven't heard that Cisco is Eol'ing the passive *WDM gears. This is
odd. I will talk to our SE about it and can confirm. We purchased a couple
of Mux8 and some OADM4 port CWDM devices about 2 and half years ago.

Cisco Active solution with ONS is very expensive. I agree, I think we
should look for other vendor as well. Yes, the need is 10g only. For other
vendor, any recommendation you guys can provide?

Thanks!

Josh