[c-nsp] Tail-f / NCS

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Sat Mar 12 20:03:12 EST 2016

You need the culture of automation before an automation tool makes sense. Cut and paste only takes you so far, notepad, vim, pico and others as well.

Parameterized templates are the better path to be on. XR and JunOS support commit replace type operations, as do others like Arista.

Building your culture must come first, so it outlives the one or two people who make it, as many a provider have failed to remember how to do things, or use the tools of their predecessors.

Here's a link to emphasize my point :-)
http://www.dreamstime.com/stock-photo-wrong-tool-diy-using-project-can-do-more-damages-here-someone-using-wrench-to-drive-nail-image58686199

Jared Mauch