[c-nsp] NCS-5001 - MPLS L3VPN Issue

Tom Hill tom at ninjabadger.net
Wed Mar 16 21:38:04 EDT 2016

On 14/03/16 10:07, James Bensley wrote:
> On 9 March 2016 at 20:27, Tom Hill <tom at ninjabadger.net> wrote:
>> Presumably to "prove" this (or rather, to add any evidence at all) it's
>> wipe & reinstall time for the affected 9001?
>>
> Sure I understand. I've just done an erase and reinstall on the live
> router and now its fixed.

That's valuable evidence, thank you for feeding that back to the thread.

> Also based on the pre and post upgrade data working with TAC, we think
> we have identified a test we didn't run in the lab that would have
> triggered the same issues (sadly we don't have infinite time to test
> every topology and scenario and feature etc). However TAC had seen
> this issue with other customers but couldn't replicate nor could we,
> but we do come across issues they haven't seen with other customers so
> they might be topology specific.
>
> I'm not going to spend more time trying and replicate this issues now
> to see if we did miss a possible method of replication because we have
> a fix now which is more important.

I can empathise; the large majority of operators have minus amounts of
time with which to debug issues like this, let alone any time to
dedicate to it. It's good that you have been able to get as far as you
have in this instance.

> IOS-XR is exactly what Cisco needed/needs I think but it's not quite
> mature enough yet.

I am *hopeful* for 6.x - it's another step in the right direction. :)

--
Tom