[c-nsp] ASR9K VSM

Mohammad Khalil eng_mssk at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 29 09:24:49 EDT 2016

Dear Pshem
I think I got confused :)
I have around 4M or 4000K active sessions not 300K if I got you right
And then 4000000/4096=976
Am I right ?

BR,

From: pshem.k at gmail.com
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 09:32:25 +0000
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] ASR9K VSM
To: eng_mssk at hotmail.com; cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net

Looking at the number of subscribers you have there (~300k) and the fact that you have 2 x /21 allocated for public space - that means about 70 subscribers per public IP address. This feels a little bit on the high side, even for mobile traffic. Since all sessions belonging to a given private IP address must be mapped to a the same public IP address it's likely that you're running out of ports on public IP addresses (as there are only ~65k ports x 2 (UDP+TCP)). I'd suggest increasing the public pool sizes and checking the stats again.
kind regardsPshem