[c-nsp] ASR9K VSM

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 15:01:59 EDT 2016

Hi,

I was after subscribers, not sessions (as in 'active NAT translations').
Your current port_limit (of 2048) is higher than what you can get out of
ratio of private/public IPs (around 75:1). You can only get around 900
TCP + 900 UDP ports on average per active subscriber in your setup. From
the number of translations you seem to be getting 4mil/300k = ~ 1.3k
translations per active subscriber, which likely means you're hitting the
limit on the number of available ports (and public IPs) (TCP sessions tend
to be longer living than UDP and there's usually more of TCP sessions then
UDP sessions (at least in our customer base)).

kind regards
Pshem