[c-nsp] Cisco ASR 9k and Windows RADIUS server

Ulrik Ivers ulrik.ivers at excanto.se
Wed May 4 02:37:59 EDT 2016

Hi David,

Has the exact same config, including the shared secret, ever worked? With another RADIUS server?

I ask because we had a similar problem getting Radius to work with our ASR 9001 when they were first deployed. Don't remember if we saw any errors on the Radius server though.

Root cause - we used a shared secret longer than 22 characters. The ASR happily accepted the config, but it didn't work.

IOS XR 4.3

Regards,
/Ulrik