[c-nsp] Cisco ASR 9k and Windows RADIUS server

Kimaru Mansour kimaru at gmail.com
Wed May 4 05:38:20 EDT 2016

Hi,

Having same issue myself. Also noticed the malformed packet messages. We in
fact placed a FreeRADIUS implementation in front of the Windows Server as a
proxy to forward requests between RADIUS client and Windows RADIUS server.
Our key is also shorter than 22 chars so that doesn't seem to be it. Same
setup is working fine with IOS XE and classic IOS based RADIUS client so I
am also looking forward to read if anyone else has gotten this working for
IOS XR and Wndows RADIUS. One difference I noticed, is that the Auth-Req
message does differ between Auth-Req message IOS XR and IOS XE with regard
to the AV pairs sent but I seem to have misplaced the pcaps.

Br,

Kimaru

On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 1:30 AM, David Wilkinson <cisco-nsp at noroutetohost.net