[c-nsp] ISR4431 integrated "POE" ports

CiscoNSP List CiscoNSP_list at hotmail.com
Tue May 10 20:24:34 EDT 2016

Thanks Nathan - The device has 8 ports as per the doc here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/4400/hardware/installation/guide4400-4300/C4400_isr/Overview.html#32890

4 of them are copper/RJ45 only (2 labelled POE, the other 2, not labelled), 4 of them SFP

gi0/0/0 -> gi0/0/3

Connecting cat5 to the 4 RJ45 ports, we certainly got links, but could def. not pass traffic....installing SFP's, and issuing media-type sfp, L3 worked immediately....so I dont know what else is required to have these other 4 RJ45 ports "work" as Eth ports...as stated, I havent had a chance to read up on them as yet, and yesterday was the first time Ive touched them.....I would have thought the ports could be used as standard eth ports without any special conf, but we certainly got links, just no L2/L3.

Cheers