[c-nsp] ASR9001 Vs ASR1006

Tom Hill tom at ninjabadger.net
Sat May 14 14:17:41 EDT 2016

On 14/05/16 18:35, James Ventre via cisco-nsp wrote:
> The 1006 has front to back airflow, the 9001 is side to side.  I would
> really like to use the 9001, but in data centers with hot isle containment,
> I need front to back.

It uses about 250W of power - you'll be fine. If you're so concerned,
make sure you pick-up the V2 fan tray for the 9001.

The 9904 and 9006, yes, I'd be concerned about airflow. There are
optional baffle kits available from Cisco to convert these to F-t-B
airflow (and the 9006 one is really quite good, despite being 3.5U
rather than 3U as stated...).

HTH

--
Tom