[c-nsp] ASR9001 Vs ASR1006

James Ventre networking at ventrefamily.com
Sat May 14 16:25:43 EDT 2016

On Sat, May 14, 2016 at 3:48 PM, Tom Hill <tom at ninjabadger.net> wrote:

>  - The 3750E/2811 are 1U, with tiny fans as a result
>  - The 6500 is a gigantic lump of power consumption

​The fan size comment is interesting, I hadn't considered that.  I was
mostly posting those for comparison because they draw similar power to the
9001 (265w as you stated).

Regarding the 6500, the concerning data point is the inlet temp, not the
exhaust temp.  The 6500 is a power hog for sure, but I'd expect that to
primarily influence the exhaust temp, not inlet.   None of my other
platforms with StB or StS airflow offer the inlet temp via CLI.

The 9001 datasheet says it's normal range is 5 to 40C, I'd expect one in my
rack to see 39C inlet temp.  Can you get inlet temps from your 9001s?  If
so, what are your values?

James