[c-nsp] Field Notice: FN - 64110 - looking for an OID to monitor the NMI events

Stefan netfortius at gmail.com
Sat May 21 10:33:56 EDT 2016

Been hit by this:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/641/fn64110.html
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuw75381/?reffering_site=dumpcr

and looking for an SNMP OID to establish monitoring and alerting across all
models and code version, while planning for upgrades. Cisco TAC provided no
feedback, so far, and we have no high hopes for throughout the weekend, in
this regard, on their part (the severity is being addressed, from their
stand point, by upgrading), while we would like to try and put something in
place ASAP, while planning all the upgrades, across data centers (no
trivial task). If no OID, scripting this:

show system internal file /proc/interrupts | incl NMI

would probably be something to look into ...

Any suggestions?

BTW - anyone having seen/experienced the above? We still have no clear
trigger - we're assuming some odd pattern of traffic, but no smoking gun,
so far.

TIA,
Stefan