[c-nsp] Wierd MPLS/VPLS issue

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 15:31:04 EST 2016

On 8 November 2016 at 18:24, James Bensley <jwbensley at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4 November 2016 at 15:40, Simon Lockhart <simon at slimey.org> wrote:

As we're both in the UK have you asked the carrier to perform any
testing (assuming this is a 3rd party wave) ?

A while back we had an issue with a wave from VirginMedia. We had an
MX480 at one end and ASR9006 at the other. We had one way transmission
(from MX to ASR) until just for the sake of it an engineer toggled the
ASR9K port from LAN PHY to WAN PHY then back to WAN PHY [1] and it
started working. After more investigation something about the VM muxes
was not playing nice with the ASR9K, but we haven't had this with
waves from BT.

Cheers,
James.

[1] We had already done all the usual stuff, bounced ports, made
packet captures and debugs, swapped fibre patches, SFPs, ports, even
line cards. We stuck an EX switch on the end and it worked. Back to
ASR9K and it wasn't working still.