[c-nsp] Wierd MPLS/VPLS issue

Lukas Tribus luky-37 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 8 14:51:43 EST 2016

> To me, everything *looks* right, it's just that some VPLS traffic traversing
> the new link gets lost.
>
> Anyone got any suggestions on what I should look for whilst troubleshooting
> this? Unfortunately, due to the impact to traffic, I have to make any changes
> within a maintenance window, but I've run out of ideas of things to try or look
> for.

Are you sure the linecard with the problematic 10G port supports all required
features on either side? Double check linecard capabilities, and compare with the
working 10G links.

Not sure about the Nexus, but the Cat6500 family certainly has "basic/LAN" linecards
that work fine when L3VPN is used, but fail in certain L2 VPN/VPLS configurations
("fail" as in drop packets on the floor).

cheers,
Lukas