[c-nsp] Wierd MPLS/VPLS issue

Simon Lockhart simon at slimey.org
Fri Nov 11 18:58:06 EST 2016

On Fri Nov 04, 2016 at 03:40:05PM +0000, Simon Lockhart wrote:
> Anyone got any suggestions on what I should look for whilst troubleshooting
> this?

Well, having got myself to a point where I could reliably reproduce the
problem, I think I've narrowed down the issue...

On the 100G on the Nexus 92160, I'm seeing output errors...

nexus-01# show int e1/49 counters errors

Port          Align-Err    FCS-Err   Xmit-Err    Rcv-Err  UnderSize OutDiscards
Eth1/49               0          0      10003          0          0           0

Port         Single-Col  Multi-Col   Late-Col  Exces-Col  Carri-Sen       Runts
Eth1/49               0          0          0          0          0           0

Port          Giants SQETest-Err Deferred-Tx IntMacTx-Er IntMacRx-Er Symbol-Err
Eth1/49            0          --           0       10003           0          0

Does anyone know what "IntMacTx-Er" is? Google hasn't thrown up anything
useful.

At the other end of the 100G link, the receiving port showing Rcv-Err and
FCS-Err, although it still tries to forward the packets on. The 10G port on
a Cisco 6500 (which is the next hop) shows the packets as CRC errors, and
finally drops them.

Simon