[c-nsp] c7301 and hot-swapping of PAs?

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 04:23:54 EST 2016

On 10 November 2016 at 14:04, Gert Doering <gert at greenie.muc.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know I used to know this, but my memory is aging faster than the
> hardware... can PAs in a 7301 (= 1RU / 7200 / NPE-G1) be hot-plugged
> or not?
>
> I know they can in a regular 7200/NPE-G1, but the 7301 is "a bit
> different" in a few regards (like, interface naming) so it might or
> might not be supported.
>
> Cisco docs have also aged...

Hi Gert,

Yeah I remember these :) They do support OIR.

On a side note, does my memory serve me correctly, did they also have
the two power cords that feed into one Y shaped connector? I seem to
remember nervously connecting a spare power feed to the spare
connector on the Y cable and pulling out the first one the box had
been running on, to migrate to new power feeds, and much to my relief
the box staying up :D

Cheers,
James.