[c-nsp] "safe harbor" - reliable statement about expected sw quality?

Patrick M. Hausen hausen at punkt.de
Thu Nov 17 04:41:31 EST 2016

Hi, all,

I don't quite get what precisely Cisco is stating with those
little stars and the "safe harbor" label for IOS releases.

E.g. 122-33.SXJ7 is the last 12.2 release for the Cat6500
labelled this way. Yet, if you look up the release notes
for the *current* release, which is 122-33.SXJ10,
they mention some resolved caveats that I think I definitely
want on my switches, like e.g.
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCum94811

Does the missing "star" imply I can expect less reliability
from SXJ10 compared to SXJ7?

Anyone with a crystal ball able to share some insight?

Thanks,
Patrick
--
punkt.de GmbH * Kaiserallee 13a * 76133 Karlsruhe
Tel. 0721 9109 0 * Fax 0721 9109 100