[c-nsp] Cisco ME1200 iCLI

Holger L cisco at entrap.de
Fri Nov 25 08:24:15 EST 2016

Hi,

it's the first time I test a Cisco ME1200 and got some basic questions.
(Till now we used ME3400 Switches to deploy QinQ L2 VPNs.)

I got two ME1200-4S-A Switches and wonder how to get into iCLI? I am able
to access the "NID Configuration" on console and to access the web
interface (after I configured an IP in "NID Configuration").

But how to get into iCLI mode which has the well-known Cisco syntax?

In the docs they just exit the "NID Configuration" and do a "conf t" but
this doesn't work.. As priv 15 admin:

(ProvisionPortVlanPortType)# exit
# configure terminal
% Command not permitted.

And it seems all the commands out of the iCLI docs are not available in my
shell:

# ?
    Diagnostics                      Diagnostics Tests
    EpsPortType                      Provision eps
    ErpsPortType                     Provision Erps
    FlexlinksPortType                Provision Flexlinks Services
    IPMCMVR                          Enter cisco mvr Template Services
    LSTPortType                      Provision LST Services
    LinkOamPortType                  Provision linkoam
    NtpPortType                      NTP provision
    OperationsMepPortType            Enables FM and PM on Mep
    PTPPortType                      ME1200 PTP operations
    ProvisionConfigManagement        Enter Cisco ConfigMgmt Provisioning mode
    ProvisionEVC                     Enter Cisco EVC Provisioning mode
    ProvisionL2CPPortType            Provision L2CP service
    ProvisionLacpPortType            Provision LACP service
    ProvisionLldpPortType            Provision lldp
    ProvisionMacTableSecurityType    MAC Address Table Management
    ProvisionMepPortType             Provision MEP
    ProvisionNIDMgmtType             Provision NID Management
    ProvisionNotifications           Enter Notifications Configuration mode
    ProvisionPhyPortType             Physical Port Configuration
    ProvisionPortVlanPortType        Provision Vlan and SwitchPort Service
    ProvisionQos                     QOS Provisioning
    ProvisionSnmpConf                Provision Snmp  Service
    ProvisionStormControl            Provision Storm Control  Service
    ProvisionStpPortType             Provision STP Services
    ProvisionSystemType              show flash
    RFC2544PortType                  RFC2544 port type
    ReachabilityPortType             Enter Reachability Provisioning mode
    SECURITYACL                      Enter cisco acl Template Services
    SFlow                            sFlow operations
    Span                             Enter SPAN and RSPAN Provisioning mode
    SyncE                            Set SyncE configuration
    Syslog                           Syslog Properties and Methods
    UDLDPortType                     Provision UDLD Configuration
    ciscoY1564                       Enter Cisco Y1564 Provisioning mode
    do                               To run exec commands in config mode
    exit                             Exit from EXEC mode
    help                             Description of the interactive help
system
    https                            Enter HTTPS Provisioning mode
    logout                           Exit from EXEC mode
    more                             Display file
    ping                             Send ICMP echo messages
    template                         Cisco template wise debug mode
    ztp                              Debugging functions

Same commands if I use ssh instead of console. Any Ideas?

BTW, I did not use a ME3800/ME3600 as controller. Do I need to do this to
access iCLI?

Thanks, BR,
Holger