[c-nsp] Cisco ME1200 iCLI

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue Nov 29 01:00:13 EST 2016

On 28/Nov/16 20:04, Erik Sundberg wrote:

> I have a couple of these sitting on the shelf too. Configuration guides didn't match how to configure the NID's. Don't know why Cisco thought it was a good idea to make the ME1200 completely different from the rest of the ME3400,3600,3800 lines.This device does not run IOS. So we are looking at Ciena and Accedian for NID's instead.

During early release, you could do quite a lot in CLI. But with current
code, more has been taken away in favour of it being operated either via
the GUI or via the controller (the controller being either the
ME3600X/3800X or ASR920).

We have hundreds of them deployed, and growing. We operate them via CLI,
although they are meant to be part of Cisco Prime.

It's actually a good little box.

Mark.