[c-nsp] ASR1001-X etherchannel subinterfaces

Chris Balmain Chris.Balmain at connectivityit.com.au
Mon Oct 10 18:18:52 EDT 2016

Hi there,

We're currently evaluating ASR1001-X with XE 3.16.00S / 15.5(3)S running BRAS role "on a stick" using 2x10G in an LACP etherchannel.

We've noticed that on dot1q subinterfaces on the bundle, while input counters appear to function normally, output counters massively under-read (not quite zero, but very close to - like maybe it's only counting process-switched traffic)

I did find one bug (CSCuv15454) which suggests a workaround ("show vlans"), but that appears to suffer from the same issue of under-reading counters.

We've also tried running the port-channel in active/standby mode (lacp fast-switchover + lacp max-bundle 1) which resolved some issues we had with egress QoS on subinterfaces and LNS/PTA users, but still get no counters.

Anyone else encountered this problem, any workaround known? Any other "gotchas" with ASR1000 etherchannel and/or subinterfaces on them?

Regards,
Chris