[c-nsp] 10GBASE-T SFP+ Copper Transceiver

Tom Hill tom at ninjabadger.net
Mon Sep 26 17:47:27 EDT 2016

On 23/09/16 18:32, Nick Cutting wrote:
> These ten gig copper SFP+ transceivers do exist - has anyone used
> them - will cisco support them?  I understand that they have very
> limited distance due to the power limitations.
>
> Any field experiences shared would be greatly appreciated.

I've got a few that I'm playing around with - on and off. I had a use in
mind, but I'm not sure it's going to work due to distance/cabling.
However, that is what the testing is for. :)

As for Cisco compatibility, perhaps I'll report back when I know more.
At the moment I've got one that's pretending to be a 1m DAC, and one
that's pretending to be an SR optic (the @whiteboxoptical dev kit was
kind enough to dump out the contents of the EEPROM).

I didn't ask for that configuration, but it'll certainly be interesting
if one fairs better than the other when I get around to trying it with
Cisco gear. :)

All the best,

--
Tom