[c-nsp] Hub and Spoke Q-in-Q

Steven Saner steve at saner.net
Tue Sep 27 11:39:06 EDT 2016

I am getting ready to turn up some new ethernet based WAN service (AT&T
ASE) that is set up in a hub and spoke arrangement. Each spoke has a
VLAN ID assigned to it and I should be able to pass multiple VLANs to
each spoke using Q-in-Q tagging.

What I would *like* to do is use a switch on the hub end and I would
*like* it to work as follows:

   My LAN ---- trunk ---->  Switch  <---- Q-in-Q trunk --- Hub

So I would have an arbitrary number of tagged VLANs coming from my LAN
side and then certain of those VLANs would get double-tagged with the
VLAN ID for one spoke, and others of those VLANs would get double-tagged
with the VLAN ID for another spoke and so on.

Is that kind of an arrangement in any way possible? I haven't been able
to find a way, but I thought I'd ask and see if I'm completely missing
something.

Steve