OT: support services

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Sat Aug 5 14:29:08 EDT 2017

Hi all,

This is 100% cisco-specific, but not technical.

I’m finding lots of vendors offering their own version of support programs, many of which are competitively-priced and backed with really well-stocked part bins.  Of course they cannot offer software.

We’ve had one of our office folks calling Cisco for the last few days to try and get some pricing/part #s for software-only support.  Then it occurred to me that a very cisco-like move when competitors start offering support would be to drop the software-only option, forcing customers that want legit software back to Cisco.  Am I wrong?  Specifically, looking for software-only for ASR-1002X (and relevant to that other thread going on, yes 16GB, yes even with dual IOS running have room for multiple v4/v6 bgp feeds).

Ideally I’d like to buy the software support online without screwing around with a sales team.

Thanks,

Charles
--
Charles Sprickman