[c-nsp] BGP-EVPN vs Traditional Nexus 7k/5k Design

Gustav Ulander gustav.ulander at telecomputing.se
Sat Dec 2 11:58:21 EST 2017

Hello.
Lots of if and buts in the BGP E-VPN and VXLAN solution including some not so nice bugs.
Documentation isn't really clear on some of the pitfalls either. I would suggest a heavy testing period more so than usual perhaps.
Since you are running L3 on all those 1u boxes make sure that you understand where you land in the scalability documents. Some knobs bring scalability way down especially if you are running it with the older 9300 generation switches since they are Broadcom based.
Newer generation 9200 and 9300 is better but there is still a couple of pitfalls to step into.

//gustav