[c-nsp] Cisco 3750G backplane throughput

Bryan Holloway bryan at shout.net
Thu Dec 14 19:54:52 EST 2017

Hello community,

I'm curious if someone is in the know or can point me to a document that
describes how the backplane is carved up on a 3750G. I.e., ports per
ASIC, etc., if applicable. I've dug around the Cisco docs to no avail.

I'm particularly interested to know how the four-port SFP section is
handled on, for example, a WS-C3750G-24TS. Does it have its own ASIC for
all four SFP ports? Or is that also carved up amongst other ports? If
one were to LAG all four SFP ports together, should one expect to be
able to reach a full 4 Gbps (assuming no taxation from other switch ports?)

We're running into an odd issue where we're unable to achieve more than
2 Gbps of bandwidth, but I have a hard time believing this is a switch
limitation.

Any input would be most appreciated, thanks!

			- bryan