[c-nsp] Cisco 3750G backplane throughput

Nick Cutting ncutting at edgetg.com
Fri Dec 15 07:29:26 EST 2017

Use this command:

sh platform pm platform-block

Should be one ASIC per 24 ports, so a TS should have 1 asic for the normal ports and one for the SFP's.
On a my 48portTS, the SFP's are shared across the two normal ASIC's (48 copper ports)

I just removed my lab 3560g-24TS so I can't be 100 percent sure on the ASIC distribution.  I think it had 1 asic for the 24 copper and one for the sfp's.

How is your LAG traffic distribution?  You need many different flows to get much out of a LAG.
It is harder to get bandwidth out of the LAG than be outputted dropped by the ASIC, what I mean is one port in the LAG may hit line rate before the others are even using 50 percent of bandwidth.

*    1 52    WS-C2960X-48LPS-L         15.2(2)E6
sh platform pm platform-block
interface gid gpn lpn asic
--------------------------
Gi1/0/1   1   1   1   0