[c-nsp] Does NCS behave like Nexus w/regard to vPC+VRRP active/active?

David Hubbard dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com
Fri Dec 15 09:54:29 EST 2017

Thanks all, yep, discovered no vpc commands lol.  I’ve gone ahead with mc-lag, relevant BD’s and added BVI’s for the router interfaces.  Now I need to deploy a first hop redundancy option.

In an mc-lag solution, do you know if these devices will work similar to HSRP/VRRP in a Nexus+vPC setup where, regardless of a device being the ‘standby’ first hop from a control plane perspective, they’ll still forward on the data plane rather than having to send them across the inter-device link to the active first hop for forwarding?

Thanks!