[c-nsp] Cisco 3750G backplane throughput

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri Dec 15 14:04:44 EST 2017

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 12:52:24PM -0600, Aaron Gould wrote:
> What in the heck are you doing using a 3750 for uplink to provider!!  LOL
> (Just kidding, I couldn't resist)

Back in the day, when we were young and trusting, we bought one of the
first 3750s because we were told it would

 - do much faster routing than our trusted Cat5k RSM
 - do IPv6 (unlike the RSM)

well, it turned out that the only thing the 3750 *did* was "be fast" -
but, no SVI counters, no netflow, and no IPv6 either.

When IPv6 finally came, years later, all we used that box for was
"expensive layer 2 switch"...

But yeah, if you only look at the marketing material, a 3750 really
looks good.

gert

--
now what should I write here...