[c-nsp] OSPF LSA Type 3 / 5 question ...

Randy randy_94108 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 3 19:56:50 EST 2017

Bryan,
<snip>..
is there a clever way for the ABR to detect that the
Type 5 LSA is within the range it's already summarizing (Type 3) and
suppress its upstream announcement?<snip>

The above would break-the-back of OSPF as we know it.

What you are trying to do cannot be accomplished.
While you can use distribute-list out on ASBR to prevent an external-prefix from entering the LSDB, once it is there, you cannot prevent it from propagating to all other areas.

In this case I don't see any reason to run OSPF between your ABR and downstream. A static route on ABR and the IA summary would work.

./Randy