[c-nsp] OSPF LSA Type 3 / 5 question ...

Andrew Miehs andrew at 2sheds.de
Thu Feb 16 07:55:31 EST 2017

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 1:05 PM, Bryan Holloway <bryan at shout.net> wrote:
> Imagine an ABR bordering areas 0 and 1 which is summarizing 10.0.0.0/8 to
> the backbone.
>
> Downstream is a router running OSPF with the ABR. On that router is a static
> route to yet another device that does not support OSPF. Let's say that
> static route is 10.100.0.0/24.

Am I correct in understanding the redistribution is in area 1?

If so, this link may help: https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/thread/102826

The idea is to turn area 1 into an NSSA area, so the static would be a
type 7, and you could then drop the type 5 LSAs on the ABR.

The idea is cool, but I am not sure whether I would really want this
in production.

BGP instead of areas anyone?

/duck

-- Andrew