[c-nsp] nx3k fresh install - ports not forwarding

eyeballi77 eyeballi77 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 09:38:37 EST 2017

Hi all,

I have a query over a new install of a pair of nx3k TOR;s in a back to back
setup to an existing pair of core nx3k's.

The models are all 3172PQ new pair running 7.0(3)I2(2b)

The vpc is all good to the existing pair of core switches as I can create
vlan interfaces on both the new switches and ping them from other parts of
the network (L2 & L3).

However we have vpc's to other downstream switches and access edge ports
connected of the new pair of TOR's.  These ports will not forward traffic,
the vpc port channels are down with the individua ports up/up as trunks,
the access ports are up/up.  We see no MAC's on the ports.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

thanks