[c-nsp] Tabo Topic? Third party Maintenance

Jared Mauch jared at puck.Nether.net
Mon Jan 23 15:05:18 EST 2017

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 02:28:37PM -0500, Shawn L wrote:
> I guess it all depends on what you utilize support for.  We tend to have
> in-house spares, etc. that we can swap in in the event of a failure.  But,
> there are times when you need to talk to someone at TAC to get the bottom
> of an issue.

	These types of issues if not solved by the obligatory
upgrade to the latest software are the big value of direct vendor support.

	If you're doing vanilla IP routing features (and I do mean that,
anything that says MPLS/VPN/VRF, etc.. are not vanilla) you should be fine.

	If you have anything more complex, don't expect it to be easy.
They presume you're doing it wrong, and you must be open to that as a
concept.  Remember the KISS principle.

	- Jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net