[c-nsp] Tabo Topic? Third party Maintenance

Catalin Dominte catalin.dominte at nocsult.net
Mon Jan 23 15:26:14 EST 2017

From the support side I always advise my customers to also get support from the vendor. Almost all issues are down to software problems, bar a select few where the problem is either a typo or lack of planning and understanding the requirements.

Access to support from vendor is essential but having spares is really good practice too. Not sure on your experience but I am yet to find a company that manages to actually replace a multi-chassis router within 4 hours! Or a 1U switch for that matter!

I do subscribe to the KISS principle as well! And accurate documentation on top of KISS!

My 2p!

Catalin
Nocsult Ltd
Unified Network Management Solutions