[c-nsp] Physical Network TAP devices

Nick Cutting ncutting at edgetg.com
Mon Jul 17 13:39:24 EDT 2017

Good afternoon,

We have a use case now to capture traffic at one of our egress points, and we need to use network taps.  We need at least 2 sources and two destinations, in a pair of devices. - Copper 1 gig at this point.  Is anyone using Copper/ Fiber Taps at 10g?

Can I please get some feedback on some of the brands of taps that you fine people use?

We were looking at gigamon, but I have not used TAPs in a very long time.  We have a need to move to a physical device because of limitations in the hardware in where we need to capture the traffic.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Nick Cutting