[c-nsp] Physical Network TAP devices

Rick Martin rick.martin at arkansas.gov
Wed Jul 19 11:50:14 EDT 2017

We have yet to make a purchase but over the years we have looked at several with GigaMon being one of the leaders. An interesting option that I think we will seriously consider is Cisco Nexus 9K platform running what Cisco calls Data Broker. I find it appealing that the Nexus switch can run in hybrid mode and function both as a tap aggregation device as well as a normal Nexus switch. This option can reportedly scale up to 100Gbps

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/nexus-data-broker/data_sheet_c78-729452.html

Other options we have looked at include;

Anue
Arista - similar option as Cisco Data Broker
GigaMon
Ixia