[c-nsp] Nexus 7707 as Internet Edge Router?

Brian Turnbow b.turnbow at twt.it
Fri Jul 28 05:45:18 EDT 2017

Hi,

> "Anything detailed" you have on the NCS5* would be welcome - the
material
> on www.cisco.com is a bit sparse.

Check out the cisco live session for some good info.
https://www.ciscolive.com/online/connect/sessionDetail.ww?SESSION_ID=94040
&tclass=popup

> Since we're considering to either go for QFX5100 or NCS5* for bandwidth
> expansion in our "core" (= no customer connections, no external
> connections, all 10G links, not much demand for QoS due to DWDM underlay
> where we can just add more bandwidth if needed), understanding how Cisco
> positions the
> NCS5001 series and whether this is a one-off thing that will be
end-of-life
> next year ("remember the ME3600?") or something which is going to
receive
> proper love and caring is one of the most important questions here...
>

>From what we've been told it will continue to evolve and receive new
features....
There is also going to be a smaller chassis based system coming out soon.

> And then, what features it gets - the first list on cisco.com was
amazingly thin
> on details, but one of the interesting bits was "no support for EIGRP",
which I
> find highly astonishing - you have a vendor that has a nice
customer-lock-in
> feature, purely control-plane (so, no need to do hardware-specific
coding),
> and they... forget to enable it?

It is available  but needs to installed as an add on package..
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/iosxr/ncs5500/system-setup/60x/b-ncs5
500-system-setup-guide-60x/b-system-setup-ncs5k_chapter_0110.html

Best Regards

Brian