[c-nsp] 3750 Stack Auto Upgrade

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Mar 3 06:46:37 EST 2017

Hi,

> Has anyone one successfully upgraded stacks with the auto upgrade feature?. If a member of a stack failed it would be nice if when replacing the failed unit it would be automatically upgraded from the master. When I say upgraded I mean the IOS and the configuration, is this possible. Any advice appreciated.

yes - new member with old firmware upgraded and then given its correct config by the master

one thing to be aware of, if you are just dropping in a new fresh switch, then the stack will
see it as that...and make it a new member,,,,  ensure that the switch you are adding has been numbered
first.

alan