[c-nsp] ASR9k QoS Scale/Usage Query

Robert Williams Robert at CustodianDC.com
Mon Mar 13 04:51:49 EDT 2017

Hi All,

We run reasonably large QoS policies on various 9001 and 90xx chassis (SE and TR mix but all with Typhoon cards) and I’m looking for a way to query the ‘remaining capacity’ for QoS scale/growth. I’ve found various documentation which loosely describes the different limitations for QoS scale, but nothing which seems to allow a query of the available hardware capacity or current usage levels. The nature of the policies we use (on BVIs, bundles, sub-ifs, parent-child etc.) and the distributed NPs etc. (in conjunction with vague documentation) is making it difficult to gauge how much growth we have remaining in real terms. I want to avoid hitting an unexpected wall in the future.

Does anyone know if such a command/query still exists? Something like the old “show platform hardware capacity xxxx” gives on the Cats would be ideal, but anything remotely related would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Robert Williams
Custodian Data Centre
Email: Robert at CustodianDC.com