[c-nsp] Cisco 6509 / WS-CAC-6000W OUTPUT FAIL

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Wed Mar 15 02:44:30 EDT 2017

On Tue, 14 Mar 2017, Laurent Dumont wrote:

> Could it be the  "A @42V" value? What kind of circuits do you have for each
> PSU? The 6000W can either take two 120V-20A or  a single 240V-20A if you need
> the full 6000W.

I believe the 6500 uses power internally at 42V, so it makes sense that
the power supplies are putting out 42V power.

How are you feeding power to the chassis?  If you're doing 2x208V or
2x240V circuits per power supply, then you should definitely be fully
energized.

Are both of the input lights lit on the front of thsat second power
supply?

Have you tested the circuits that feed the second power supply to verify
they're on and putting out the correct voltage?

jms