[c-nsp] ASR1002 -- interface stops passing IPv4 traffic?

Paul Sherratt lists at paul.sh
Fri May 19 07:09:18 EDT 2017

Hi John,

This sounds like it may be an input queue wedge on the interface, which is
only fixed with a reload.

I've seen CVE-2016-1478 / CSCva35619 hit a few people.  If you're running
an affected version you'll need to upgrade or workaround.  To verify, check
queue size in "show interface" output - if it's a queue wedge you can issue
"show buffers old [dump]" to confirm it is indeed the NTP bug causing your
issues.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCva35619

Cheers,

Paul