[c-nsp] 10g Copper Transceivers for SPF+

Nick Cutting ncutting at edgetg.com
Fri May 26 10:24:59 EDT 2017

I brought this up in 2015  - and they were new to market then.
I got a couple of greedy replies from traseiver vendors, but nothing from the wise old network wizards.

The GLC-10G-T - which seems to fool the switch into thinking it is SR , so yes I agree with the naysayers it sounds like a bad idea from the get go.

Is anyone using them, or has been using them?

Reason being it would be a great way to uplink our old switches with SPF+ modules to our 10g copper nexus Borders, without using a breakout cable on the 100g ports.