[c-nsp] Juniper MX240 & MX480

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Oct 26 07:38:22 EDT 2017

This does not sound constructive to me. I know networks having less
problem with JunOS BGP than IOS-XR BGP. I know several network running
QoS in MX successfully. I am not saying IOS-XR is worse or better, I'm
saying this is subjective opinion based on anecdotes. Another
subjective opinion based on few anecdotes might be, run away from
ASR9k at all cost, review situation in 5 years time when others have
beta tested XRe and ezchip=>lightspeed migration is done.

On 26 October 2017 at 11:26,  <adamv0025 at netconsultings.com> wrote:
> The selection of tool depends on the job to be done, and you haven't
> provided any info on what you intend to use the boxes for so I can only
> generalize.
> If your network is carrying traffic of a single priority level or if it just
> can't get congested then you'll be fine (well you'll still have to bear the
> stupid BGP implementation in Junos)
> If the above is not your case then save yourself a bunch of trouble and go
> with ASR9k line instead.
>
> adam

  ++ytti