[c-nsp] Juniper MX240 & MX480

Aaron Gould aaron1 at gvtc.com
Thu Oct 26 07:59:15 EDT 2017

The thing that caused me to evaluate replacing my ASR9k 15-node network was
when Cisco told me if I replaced my RSP-4G routing engine with newest one,
all my 1st gen Trident linecards would stop working.  :|

So since I had to fork-lift everything , I thought it was time to re-eval
what is out there.

We needed CGNAT also.

We decided to go with MXX960's with MS-MPC's in them.  MPC-7E linecards with
QSFP28 interfaces for building a 100 gig mpls core

I liked the Juniper CGNAT better than the Cisco ASR9000 VSM-500

- Aaron