[c-nsp] Juniper MX240 & MX480

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Tue Oct 31 04:48:01 EDT 2017

On 31 October 2017 at 07:56, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.mu> wrote:

>> In related news, I see that Juniper has announced the MX150 ("vTrio" which
>> I assume means vMX on x86) and MX204 -- both 1RU. It's about time :-)
>
> Don't forget about the MX10003.

Am I only one puzzled about MX204 port choice, 4xQSFP28 + 8xSFP+.
Seems like it's positioned to datacenters facing upstream? I'd want
2xQSFP28 and maybe 36xSFP+ (oversub is fine), with attractive
licensing using SFP+ as SFP only, to add L3 DFZ 1GE aggregation box to
JNPR portfolio.
I can't imagine rolling this would be expensive, call it MX202 o
something. JNPR do me a solid.

(resent from correct mailbox)

--
  ++ytti