[c-nsp] Juniper MX240 & MX480

Chris Welti chris.welti at switch.ch
Tue Oct 31 06:52:11 EDT 2017

Regarding CWDM/DWDM, you could always add a QFX5110-48SH as a port extender box to the MX204 with Junos Fusion Provider Edge and sacrifice one or two 100G QSFP28 ports on the MX204.
That way you'd have 2x100G and 48x 1/10G SFP+ ports with a bit of oversubscription in 2RU.
Does anyone know if you can use the onboard 8x SFP+ ports on the MX204 in case you use all four QSFP28 ports in 100G mode? (With a bit of oversubscription?)

Btw, pricing per 100G on the MX204 and MX10003 seems pretty good compared to the other MX boxes and ASR9K.

Regards,
Chris