[c-nsp] CISCO-AVAGO CISCO-FINISAR etc SFPs

Doug McIntyre merlyn at geeks.org
Tue Oct 31 08:38:00 EDT 2017

On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 11:05:10AM +0000, CiscoNSP List wrote:
> Are the cisco-avago, cisco-finisar "genuine" Cisco optics? i.e TAC will provide support if you are using them? Ours were purchased through a Cisco disty (As a Cisco part)....We are hitting multiple issues with them (10G Optic will not initialize in ASR920, 100G give no light/power readings in NCS5500)

Cisco OEMs optics from everybody under the sun. If you can show that
you bought them as Cisco parts, then TAC should be fine dealing with them.
They do use Avago/Finisar parts frequently, and they are labelled as you
see them.

All hardware is finicky dealing with optics at some point in time. They may
need to send you another "brand" to deal with your hardware, or they are bad.
TAC should be fine talking to you about it.